If you follow me on social media then you’ll know I recently celebrated my 21st birthday at the beginning of May. Or you might get the gist from the image above. Either way you know now it was my birthday! Instead of writing some bullshit about what have I learnt in the past year because let’s be honest, I haven’t really learnt anything, I’m going to write a long old list of everything I want to do this year. To be honest, I could do this any year because I could’ve done every single thing on this list a year ago but hey ho, I love reading posts like these!
Go to the ballet, preferably to see Swan Lake or The Nutcracker around Christmas time!
Actually read a book like the whole thing, not just the first chapter – fiction/non-fiction doesn’t matter but I’ve got a shelf full of amazing books and never ever read them!
Start scrapbooking! This is something I’ve wanted to do for ages but just never got around to it because let’s face it, it’s not cheap! I’ve got a gazillion photos from the last ten years and I’d like to put them to use. I’ve been pretty inspired by Gabby as well, just watch this video and I swear you’ll be buying stickers and all sorts in no time!
4. Go sailing! I used to sail every weekend for like six years and haven’t been in ages so it’s about time I stick my wetsuit on and jump in a boat!
Cook a roast dinner for the family. I have done this on a few occasions but it’s something I’d like to start doing more. I mean a proper roast as well… None of that mash potato malarkey!
6. Go to Iceland or skiing.. Depends on my budget!
7. Always eat five a day. I’m awful at this I’m not going to lie. Some days I eat what feels like twenty different types of fruit and veg and others, I’ll be lucky if I eat five.
8. Dramatically cut down smoking! There’s no way I’m going to be able to get fitter and healthier when I’m still smoking the amount I am now!
9. Go to a drive-in cinema (or just an outdoor cinema will do) like they do in films.
10. Start properly saving money. I know this is easy to say every year but I’m 21 now and even though I don’t need to start thinking about moving out, I’m ready to. This means cutting back on ASOS hauls (unfortunately), not buying a starter, main and dessert when I go out for dinner and just thinking a bit more when it comes to money!
Go to one of those trampoline parks.. They look like a proper laugh!
12. Try some different drinks. I know this is random af but I’d like to branch out from just drinking beer! I want to be one of those sophisticated people drinking a G&T with some sort of spiralized fruit in it!
13. Take control of my diet and fitness regime. For way too long have I been eating what I want, when I want and not giving a shit about going to the gym. I’ve started as I’ve meant to go on since my birthday and I want to keep things that way.
14. Get a tattoo! I’ve had a few designed for ages but just never got around to actually getting them done but this year will be the year!
15. Watch something new in the West End!
16. Start viewing flats! This is probably the most exciting of the list.. If you’ve read any of my more personal posts then you’ll know I’m dying to move out. Hopefully this will be the year!
Take a road trip somewhere, anywhere! Maybe Bath or Edinburgh?
18. Complete Games of Thrones for once and for all!
19. And Prison Break too!
Donate more to charity. I know this sounds like an odd one but I mean more specific charities so instead of just dumping a bin bag of clothes outside my local Hospice in the Weald, I want to look more into donating to women’s shelters and charities I genuinely support.
Carry on being happy and smiling! *Cringe*