As I get older, I definitely become more and more excited about autumn. It’s my favourite season without a doubt and just like many other bloggers, I’m overjoyed it’s finally here. Bring on cosy nights in, scarves and my favourite kind of food… Honestly, it makes me so excited just to be able to have a roast dinner every single Sunday again! Since I love the season so much and know the majority of you probably feel the same, I wanted to write up a post about all the things you can get up to this autumn. I know there are waaaaaaaay more things you can spend your time doing but these are just a few to get you started!
1. Go pumpkin picking (and take multiple photos for the gram if you’re a blogger).
2. Get cosy on the sofa with a hot drink of your choice and stick a film on (preferably Marvel in my case).
3. Raid Primark’s autumn collection because it’s what chunky knit dreams are made of!
4. If you have one, take your dog out for a long autumnal walk through the woods (alternatively, you can walk dog-less).
5. Start hitting up the Christmas markets because it’s never too early!
6. Do a massive wardrobe clear out, stick your summery clothes in bin bags and pop them into storage – now you’ve got an excuse to buy more clothes!
7. Have a pumpkin carving competition with your pals.
8. Host a halloween party!
9. Spend hours clearing up after said halloween party.
10. Bake an apple crumble, enjoy the smell of it cooking and then demolish it with some custard… Doesn’t that sound amazing?
11. Forage for some blackberries, you can chuck them in your apple crumble as well!
12. Toast marshmallows on the fire and eat your body weight in them.
13. Hide some conkers around your house to keep the spiders away.
14. Get creative and make an autumn wreath – there’s loads of ideas on Pinterest!
15. Wrap up and head to your local rugby club to watch a game, only if you’re actually interested in it of course!
16. Scare the shit out of yourself at Tulleys Farm (it looks absolutely terrifying so maybe this one isn’t for the faint-hearted)!
17. Roast chestnuts if you’re into that kinda thaaaang.
18. Flick through some recipe books and select some hearty food you want to cook – I’m talking pies, soups and stews!
19. Treat yourself to a brand new pair of black boots or wellies (depending on whether you live in Kent or not).
20. Whack out your candle collection and start burning!
21. Get your arse down to Starbucks for a PSL and you better put photographic evidence on your Instagram story.
22. Throw the most amazing fireworks party or find a local display you can go to with your friends.
23. Hang some fairy lights around your bedroom to make it feel more cosy.
24. Start getting organised for Christmas and writing your letter to Santa!
25. Donate some food for the harvest festival (yanno, being a great citizen and all that).
27. Wake up early and have a mooch around your local farmers market.
28. Add cinnamon to EVERYTHING you eat or drink, you’ll feel 10 times more autumnal I promise!
29. Locate your nearest maize maze and give it a go – I did this a few weeks ago and was definitely not prepared for how hard it was!
30. Bake a massive batch of gingerbread men!
What are you planning on getting up to this autumn?